If you've never made a Butternut Squash Katsu Curry, then this is your sign to give it a go! It's sweet, spicy, and all things nicey!
Butternut Squash Katsu Curry
- 2 portions of cooked rice
- 2 pieces of breaded chicken breast
- 1 spring onion for garnish
For The Sauce
- 1 onion, chopped into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded, and sliced into small cubes the smaller the cubes, the quicker it takes to cook
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red chilli
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/390F.
- Place your peeled, de-seeded, and cubed butternut squash on a tray and drizzle with oil, salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of curry powder. Place your chopped onion and garlic in tin foil, wrap it up, and then add it onto your baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is soft.
- Meanwhile, place your breaded chicken on a seperate tray and cook it to package instructions.
- Once your butternut squash is cooked, add it to a blender with the onion, garlic, and the rest of the sauce ingredients. Pour it into a saucepan and add in more water if the sauce is too thick. Season the sauce to taste. Place it on medium heat and stir frequently until bubbling.
- Once your elements are all cooked and ready to go, serve up your rice, curry sauce, and sliced breaded chicken in a bowl. Sprinkle with spring onion and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!