If you’re a fan of Reese’s Cups, then there is a high chance that you’ll fancy these Chocolate & Peanut Butter Dumplings.
Making The Chocolate Spread
In order to get the chocolate into the dumpling without just plonking pieces of chocolate into it, we first need to make a chocolate spread that is the perfect consistency to place into the centre of a dumpling wrapper.
The first step includes melting dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with boiling water. Place the pan on a medium heat, making sure that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water in the pan. Add in your broken pieces of dark chocolate and stir frequently until the chocolate has completely melted.
Gently pour in your single cream and stir until thoroughly combined. Then, remove the chocolate off the heat and pour it into a dish. Place the dish into the fridge to cool. This will probably take between 15 to 30 minutes.
Assembling The Chocolate And Peanut Butter Dumplings
Crunchy or Smooth?
It’s totally up to you! I used crunchy peanut butter for this recipe, but smooth would work just as well.
For the wrappers, you can either make them from scratch or you can use store-bought ones. Simply place a teaspoon of the chocolate spread and a teaspoon of the peanut butter into the centre of a wrapper, then gently fold the dumpling until it’s completely sealed.
Cooking and Serving The Dumplings
Depending on how you fold the dumplings, you can either boil them, steam them, or pan-fry them. For this recipe, I chose to steam them, but pan-frying them would also be a fun and crispier alternative!
Simply place the dumplings into the steamer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the dumplings from the steamer and grate some chocolate over them before serving!
You could also have them with some summer fruits like strawberries or raspberries if you fancy!
More Yummy Recipes From My Dumplings With A Twist Series
If You Are A Fan Of Dumplings, You Might Enjoy My Dumpling World Tour Series
I set myself a challenge to go around the world in 80 dumplings. Why? Because so many countries share a love for dumplings and every country’s dumplings have their own unique twist. From Varenyky in Ukraine to Banh Bot Loc in Vietnam, dumplings are a way for us to celebrate various cultures and culinary differences from all parts of the globe.
Not all my dumpling recipes are up on my website, yet! So, if you’d like to check them out, head on over to my Instagram for the video tutorial and full recipe!
More delicious dumpling recipes:
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Dumplings
- 200g dark chocolate
- 130ml single cream
- 12 circular dumpling wrappers
- Add your broken pieces of chocolate into a glass bowl. Place the glass bowl gently over a saucepan of boiling water. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Keep the pan on medium to low heat and stir the chocolate frequently until completely melted.
- Pour in your single cream and stir until well combined. Take the bowl off the heat and transfer the chocolate mixture into a dish. Evenly spread out the mixture and then place it in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to cool.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, place a teaspoon of the chocolate spread and a teaspoon of peanut butter into the centre of a wrapper, then fold up the dumpling into a little parcel. Check out my video on Instagram to see how I've done it! Repeat this step until all of the ingredients are used up. You should be able to make around 12-16 dumplings.
- Place the dumplings into a steamer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the dumplings from the steamer and eat immediately with some strawberries or raspberries! Enjoy!