Super simple and incredibly tasty, these Chorizo & Mozzarella Cheese Balls may just become your new go-to snack!
For these Chorizo & Mozzarella Cheese Balls, you'll want to use pre-grated mozzarella instead of fresh mozzarella. Simply combine the grated mozzarella with parmesan and chorizo. You also want to add a bit of cornflour and water to help bring the mixture together.
I used my hands to kneed the mixture into a paste that sticks together. Roll the mixture into around 7 or 8 cheese balls and set them aside. Prepare three plates, one with flour, one with egg, and one with breadcrumbs. Roll each ball into the flour, egg, and breadcrumb mixture, two or three times to ensure that the mozzarella doesn't ooze out while frying.
Set your air fryer to 205C for 5 minutes and add in your cheese balls. Remove, serve up and enjoy!
Chorizo & Mozzarella Cheese Balls
- 250g grated mozzarella
- 50g grated parmesan
- 50g grated or finely sliced chorizo
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon water
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the grated mozzarella, grated parmesan, minced chorizo, cornflour, and water. Mix with a spoon and then knead the mixture with your hands to form a dough-like consistency that can be easily moulded.
- Tear off small pieces of the mixture and roll them into balls. You should be able to make around 8 balls. Set them aside.
- Prepare three plates, one with flour, one with the whisked eggs, and one with the breadcrumbs and paprika. Roll the cheese & chorizo balls first in flour, then in the egg mixture, and lastly in the breadcrumbs. To ensure that the balls don't ooze with cheese when frying, repeat this step two or three times for each ball so they have a thicker coating.
- Set your air fryer to 205C/400Farenheit for 5 minutes. Gently place your chorizo and mozzarella balls into the air fryer and begin frying. Remove them from the fryer, serve up and enjoy!