If you fancy a warming bowl of curry, then this Lemongrass & Coconut Tofu Curry served with noodles or rice is for you!
"I don't fancy tofu, what else could I have with it?"
You can add any toppings you like, but if tofu isn't for you, then I'd recommend slicing up some chicken breast or thigh and frying it in a glug of oil, teaspoon of chilli flakes, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
If you want to keep it vegetarian but stay away from tofu, then I'd vouch for replacing the bean curd with aubergine. Slice the aubergine into cubes and follow the recipe's instructions: coat in flour, salt, pepper, and chilli flakes, drizzle with oil, and cook for 10 minutes in the Air Fryer. I hope you enjoy my Lemongrass & Coconut Tofu Curry! Let me know if you make it!
Lemongrass & Coconut Tofu Curry
For The Tofu Topping
- 280 g firm tofu
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil
For The Curry Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 250ml stock of choice
- 2 nests of noodles OR 2 portions of rice
- Handful of coriander, sliced for serving
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced for serving
- Drain your tofu and dab with kitchen towel to remove any excess liquid. Slice into small-ish cubes.
- Grab a bowl and add in your flour, black pepper, salt, and chilli flakes. Toss the tofu in the flour mixture and then place it into your Air Fryer drawer. Drizzle with oil and then "air fry" the tofu for 10 minutes on 205C, making sure to shake half-way through.
- Meanwhile, combine the garlic and ginger in your pestle and mortar. Using scissors, cut 2 inches off the top of your lemongrass, and then slice the lemongrass into three chunks and add them into your pestle and mortar. Pound the mixture until a rough paste has formed. You should really be able to smell the lemongrass!
- Place a sauce pan on medium heat and drizzle in a generous glug of oil. Transfer your lemongrass paste into the pan and fry for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Next, pour in your coconut milk, soy sauce, stock, and sugar. Bring up to the boil and then leave to simmer. Season to taste!
- While you're leaving your curry sauce to simmer, prepare your noodles or rice by cooking them to package instructions.
- Prepare your two serving bowls. Add in your noodles or rice and top with your curry sauce. I would recommend using a sieve while pouring, to catch any lemongrass stalks and provide you with a smooth sauce. Then, top with your crispy tofu, coriander, and red chilli. Enjoy!