If you're a fan of mango chutney, then I think you're going to love this Mango Curry Recipe!
This delicious yet simple curry takes less than 30 minutes to make and has become my new favourite curry! Also, who would have thought that fruit in a curry would work?! This recipe was inspired by a Mango Curry dish I had at a local Sri Lankan restaurant called The Coconut Tree. It was sweet, spicy, and all things nicey!
Mango Curry Recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tsp flaky salt
- ½ red chilli, sliced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 1 mango, sliced into 8 wedges
- 2 portions of cooked basmati rice
- Sprinkle of coriander for serving
- Place a pan on medium heat and add in your veggie oil.
- Add in your mustard seeds, turmeric, chopped garlic, and sliced onion. Stir and fry for 3 minutes.
- Next, spoon in your cinnamon, cayenne, curry powder, salt, and sugar. Once again, give it a stir and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Gently pour in your coconut milk and sprinkle in your red chillies and chilli flakes. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer your mango wedges into the curry, place the lid on your pan, and leave to simmer on low-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Once your mango is soft, serve up with your cooked rice, a sprinkle of coriander and chilli.