These heart-shaped spicy tuna crispy rice bites are super cute and taste delicious! They're the best way to use up your leftover rice.
The Ingredients You'll Need For This Recipe
- Leftover rice
- Red jalapeños
- Chilli flakes
- Garlic flakes
- Chopped coriander
You'll also need a heart-shaped tin. I got mine from Waitrose (these ones from Amazon are also good for shaping), but you could always shape the rice into a heart with your hands!
If you like tuna and rice, check out my Korean Rice Balls recipe, aka Jumeokbap!
Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice
- 200g leftover rice
- 200g tuna
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon jalapeños from a tin or fresh, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander
- Get your leftover rice and your heart-shaped tin. Add a quarter of your rice to one of the tins and compress the rice down into the tin. Repeat this step for all 4 tins and then place them into the freezer for 20 minutes or until hard on the outside.
- Meanwhile, combine all of your tuna topping ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. Set aside.
- Once your rice is hard, gently pop them out of its tins. Place a non-stick frying pan on high heat and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add in your rice hearts and leave to fry for 5 minutes on high heat or until it's golden on the bottom. You should know that they're ready because you'll be able to see golden bits on the edges of the underside of your rice hearts. Once golden flip over and fry for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve up with your tuna topping, chilli flakes, garlic flakes, and coriander. Enjoy!