Whenever we go out for curry, one of my favourite dishes to get is a Saag Aloo! So, here is my tasty 30 minute Spinach and Potato Curry (Saag Aloo). I hope you enjoy it!
First, you want to make the curry sauce by combining the following ingredients in a food processor:
- Tinned tomatoes
- Lemon juice
Then, fry the following ingredients in a frying pan:
- Garam Masala
- Chilli Flakes
Once the onions, garlic, ginger, and spices have been fried off for 10 minutes, pour in the spinach sauce and give it a good stir. Transfer in your boiled potatoes, more spinach, and then serve up your Spinach and Potato Curry (Saag Aloo) and enjoy!
Spinach & Potato Curry (Saag Aloo)
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 50g (2 handfuls) spinach
For The Curry Sauce
- 200g tinned tomatoes (½ a tin)
- 150g spinach
- 1 red chilli
- ½ lemon, juiced
Onion & Spices mixture
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Place the curry sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend until a rough paste has formed. Set it aside.
- Drizzle your oil into a pan and place on a medium heat. Drop in your onion, garlic, and ginger, fry for 5 minutes. Transfer all of your spices, salt, and sugar into the pan and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil your cubed potatoes for 10 minutes or until cooked. Drain them and set them aside.
- Pour your curry sauce into the onion and spice pan and stir well. Transfer your boiled potatoes and two extra handfuls of spinach into the pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Taste the curry and add in any extra seasonings or spices if you need an extra kick!
- Serve up with some naan, rice, or just on its own and enjoy!