These Dominican Domplines (dumplings) are the ultimate comfort food! They are super easy to make and are paired with a delicious 3 ingredient sauce.
There’s something special about making a dish from scratch. But doesn’t homemade food take a long time to make? Nope! Not these Domplines! They only take 30 minutes to make and are a great cooking activity to do with children or friends.
The Ultimate Sauce
This sauce is SO easy! You simply combine cheddar cheese, red pepper, and milk. The result is a creamy, rich, and tasty sauce. Although this is for a dumpling recipe, this sauce can be translated into many other dishes!
The Simple Dough
Not only is the recipe for the dough simple, the method to create the individual dumplings is also very easy. Combine plain flour, butter, salt, and water and then knead the dough for 5 minutes. You should have an elastic and soft dough. Place that aside for 10 minutes covered in cling film.
To make the Dominican Domplines, tear off little bits of the dough and roll them between your hands to form a worm-like dumpling. They should be about 4 inches long and thicker in the middle and thinner at the ends.
How To Serve Dominican Domplines
Aaah the best part! Now, either you can plate up the domplines and pour over the cheesy sauce. OR (my preferred way), you can pour the sauce into a pan, add in the domplines, and fry for a couple of minutes to fully coat the dumplings with the sauce.
Once you’ve plated up your Domplines, sprinkle over some chopped up coriander for a bit of greenery, and enjoy!
About my Dumpling World Tour Series
I've set myself a challenge to go around the world in 80 dumplings. Why? Because so many countries share a love for dumplings and every country’s dumplings have their own unique twist. From Vareneki in Ukraine to Banh Bot Loc in Vietnam, dumplings are a way for us to celebrate various cultures and culinary differences from all parts of the globe.
Not all my dumpling recipes are up on my website, yet! So, if you’d like to check them out, head on over to my Instagram for the video tutorial and full recipe!
More Delicious Recipes from my Dumpling World Tour
For The Dough
- 150g Plain flour
- 30g Butter
- Pinch Salt
- 60ml Warm water
For The Sauce
- 40g Cheddar cheese, chopped
- ½ Red pepper, roughly chopped
- 50ml Milk
- Pinch Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the dough ingredients and knead for 5 mins. Add more water if the dough is too dry. Cover and place in the fridge while you’re making the sauce.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a blender and combine until smooth.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and tear off bits of dough and roll into worm-like strips around 4 inches long. You want the middle of the dumpling to be thicker than the ends. Repeat this process until the dough is used up.
- Place the dumplings into boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a pan and cook until it thickens (add some flour if the sauce is too runny - this will thicken it!). Then, add in the dumplings and combine.
- Serve up in a bowl and add toppings of your choice!