These Butter Chicken Crispy Rolls are such a quick and easy snack to whip up! Serve with a side of mango chutney and boom, you've got yourself a flavour party going on.
What Goes into these Delightful Butter Chicken Crispy Rolls?
This dish comes together in about 30 minutes. It uses ingredients that you'll most likely have in your kitchen, so don't be overwhelmed by the ingredients list below:
- Filo pastry (okay, you might have to buy this as it's not a staple for most people haha)
- Chicken breast, cooked
- Curry powder
- Garlic granules (or garlic cloves)
- Red onion
- Tomato puree
- Butter or oil for brushing the pastry
I used an AirFryer for this recipe, however, you could also use your oven...I'll provide the method for that below in the recipe card too!
Butter Chicken Crispy Rolls
- 3 sheets of filo pastry, cut into 3
- Oil or melted butter to brush on the filo
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- Mango chutney to serve
For The Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 5 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- Pinch of salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- In a large bowl, combine all of your butter chicken sauce ingredients apart from the chicken. Mix well and season to taste. Then, add in your chicken and combine once again. Set aside.
- Grab one of your filo sheets and lightly brush with your melted butter or oil. Slice into three equal size pieces width-ways (see the video tutorial on my Instagram or TikTok for more help).
- One at a time, place a large spoonful of your butter chicken filling at the bottom of one of your strips, fold in the sides slightly so that the filling is tucked in, then roll up your filo into a "spring roll" like shape. Repeat this step for all of your butter chicken crispy rolls.
- Place them into your air fryer and brush with more oil/melted butter. Top with sesame seeds and then air-fry them for 15 minutes at 160C.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve up with your mango chutney, enjoy!