These Chilli Oil Spinach & Feta Pastries are going to be your new go-to for a tasty spicy snack!
This recipe is inspired by the wonderful Greek Spanakopita, aka spinach and feta pie. It’s one of my favourite things to eat in Greece! I also love spice, so I thought, why not combine the two beauties and make it an even more tasty treat...I’m happy to say it worked!
Chilli Oil Spinach & Feta Pastries
- 200g feta cheese
- 125g mozzarella cheese
- 300g spinach, wilted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil (I use LaoGanMa)
- 1 packet of filo pastry (7 sheets)
- 50g melted butter
- Chilli flakes for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 170C fan/ 340F.
- Crumble up your feta with your hands into a bowl and combine it with your torn mozzarella, spinach, egg, and chilli oil in a bowl. Mix thoroughly until broken down and well combined.
- Grab a sheet of filo pastry and cover half of one long side with melted better. Fold over lengthways and place a large spoonful of the feta mixture at the bottom of the rectangle. Fold up in a triangular motion and butter the end to make sure the pastry doesn't unstick. Repeat this for all the sheets of pastry.
- Place the pastries on a baking tray and brush with butter and sprinkle with chilli flakes. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven, let them cool down for 10 minutes, and then enjoy!