These Gochujang Feta Pastries are the perfect combination of Korean and Greek flavours and make the ultimate summer's day snack. Filled with a gochujang sauce, spinach, feta, and cheddar cheese, you guys are going to love them!
About These Gochujang Feta Pastries
Gochujang is having a moment. It's sweetness, tanginess, and spiciness is captivating everyones tastebuds. It's one of Korea's most well-known ingredients and works gorgeously well with feta and spinach, in a filo parcel. I love this combo because you get the tangy creaminess from the feta, the spicy sweetness for the gochujang, and the chilled out texture from the spinach. I can assure you, if you give these ago, you won't be disappointed.
If you love gochujang, then you've got to try out my top 10 best gochujang chicken recipes that are simple and easy to make!
Ingredients For This Recipe
First up, you want to make the Korean-style sauce. I'd recommend making this in a small bowl, first and then tossing it into your larger bowl once your bulkier ingredients are in it! This sauce only requires 6 ingredients and is simple to make:
- Gochugaru flakes (Korean red pepper flakes)
- Sesame oil (optional but recommended)
- Soy sauce
- Honey - you can also use sugar if you like
Once you've combined the sauce ingredients in a little bowl, you can begin creating your filling. You'll need the following ingredients:
- Cheddar cheese
- Filo pastry
More Easy Recipes To Impress Your Friends & Family
Gochujang Feta Pastries
For The Gochujang Sauce
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tbsp gochugaru flakes
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
For The Rest of The Dish
- 200g spinach, wilted down and finely chopped
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 filo pastry sheets
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine all of your gochujang sauce ingredients until silky and smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine your chopped and wilted spinach, crumbled feta, grated cheddar cheese, and your gochujang sauce.
- Get a filo pastry sheet and lay it on a clean surface with the shortest side nearest to you. Brush one half of the sheet with your melted butter, then fold it in half to create a long rectangle (see my Instagram video if you're lost here). Brush the tip of the pastry with more butter.
- Place a quarter of your gochujang feta mixture at the bottom right-hand corner of your pastry. Then, gently fold in a triangular motion all the way to the top of your pastry. Seal and set aside. Repeat this step for all 4 pastries.
- Brush the top of your pastries with more butter and then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 160C. Or, place them in a preheated oven at 180/160C fan for around 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and enjoy!