For all of the garlic girls and guys out there, this Garlic & Chilli Confit Orzo is for you!
Warning...you might not want to meet up with your friends or do anything social after making this because you will stink of garlic. BUT, if you're home alone and adore garlic, then you will LOVE this recipe. It's super simple and takes less than 30 minutes.
Garlic & Chilli Confit Orzo
- 75g Orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 80ml vegetable oil (enough to cover the garlic and chilli)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 180C Fan/350F.
- Place your garlic cloves and sliced chillies into a small ramekin. Fill it with oil so that your garlic and chillies are covered. Place your ramekin into the oven and bake for 20-30minutes.
- Meanwhile, add your orzo, salt, and 400ml of boiling water to a pan. Cook the orzo to packet instructions and then drain (keeping a mug of pasta water to the side).
- Once your garlic and chilli confit is cooked through, add it all to a pan with the orzo, parmesan, and 2 tablespoon of pasta water (or however much you'd like). Give it a good mix and then serve up and enjoy!