Everyone is going crazy for these deep-fried stuffed olives and let me tell you why! They're delicious, easy to make, and an absolute crowd-pleaser! They're the ultimate summer appetizer, you guys are going to love them.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The BEST summer appetizer - these deep-fried stuffed olives are the perfect dish to serve at your next summer dinner party or BBQ. They're crunchy on the outside and full of flavour on the inside. I made these for my friends and they were gone in an instant!
Ingredients For The BEST Deep-Fried Stuffed Olives
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that it's super versatile in its ingredients. Although I've chosen to stuff these olives with chorizo and feta, you could stuff them with anything you fancy from garlic to anchovies. For this specific recipe, here are the ingredients that you'll need:
- Large pitted olives
- Oil for frying
I also made a dipping sauce which adds extra creaminess to the dish! So, it's optional but I'd highly recommend it! Here's what you'll need:
- Sour cream
How To Make The BEST Deep-Fried Stuffed Olives
Step 1 - Stuff the olives
- Begin by getting your pitted olives and your super finely sliced chorizo and feta.
- Pinch together a piece of chorizo and a piece of feta and push them into the olive gap.
- Repeat this step until all the olives are used up.
Step 2 - Coating
- Get yourself three small bowls and fill one with flour, one with egg, and one with breadcrumbs.
- Coat your stuffed olives in flour, followed by the egg, followed by breadcrumbs.
- Repeat this process and set the coated stuffed olives aside.
Step 3 - Deep-Fry
- Place a pan on medium heat and fill it with enough oil to shallow fry the olives (a few centimetres).
- Once the oil is hot (drop in a bit of breadcrumb to see if it sizzles), gently add in all of your olives. Fry for 4 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the pan and set aside on some kitchen towel.
Step 4 - Make your dipping sauce
- In a small bowl, combine your sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, pepper, and garlic. Give it a good mix.
Step 5 - Serve
- Once your olives have cooled down, serve up with your dipping sauce and enjoy!
More Appetizer Recipes
These Gochujang Feta Pastries are the perfect combination of Korean and Greek flavours and make the ultimate summer’s day snack. Filled with a gochujang sauce, spinach, feta, and cheddar cheese, you guys are going to love them!
I am obsessed with my Feta Spring Flatbreads! They’re filled with mint, spinach, feta, and garlic, a perfect side for a spring day feast. The bread only requires two ingredients and is really simple to make, enjoy!
The BEST Deep-Fried Stuffed Olives
- 300g large pitted olives
- chorizo, sliced into tiny rectangles (half the size of the pitted olive hole) and as many pieces as there are olives
- feta, sliced into tiny rectangles (half the size of the pitted olive hole) and as many pieces as there are olives
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 150g breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
For The Dip
- 100g sour cream
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Handful of chives, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare your chorizo and feta by chopping them into tiny little rectangles, have the size of the hole of the pitted olive.
- Pinch one piece of chorizo and one piece of feta together and stuff an olive. Repeat this step for all the olives and set them aside.
- Get yourself three bowls. Fill one with your flour, one with your whisked egg, and one with breadcrumbs.
- Coat your olives in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Set aside, and repeat for every olive.
- Place your frying pan on medium heat and add in a generous amount of oil, enough for the olives to be half covered (a few centimetres).
- To check if the oil is hot enough, drop in a test olive and if it sizzles, you're ready to go! Add in all of your olives and fry on each side for around 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and place on some kitchen towel to soak up the oil.
- Meanwhile, make your dip by adding all of your dip ingredients into a small serving bowl
- Once your olives have cooled down, serve up with your dip and enjoy!