If you're looking for an easy and vegetarian dinner, look no further! This Vegetable Thukpa (Tibetan Noodle Soup) is a delicious noodle soup that only takes 15 minutes to make.
What Ingredients Do I Need For This Vegetable Thukpa (Tibetan Noodle Soup)
What I love about this noodle soup, is that it's full of flavour, simple to make, and vegetarian. If you'd like to add meat to it, then feel free to, and swap out the veggie stock with chicken or beef broth. However, the veggie version is so vibrant and tasty, I personally wouldn't add meat.
So, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Egg noodles, I bought fresh ones but you can use dry ones too
- Green chilli
- Red onion
- Chilli powder
- Cumin powder
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala curry powder
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- Green peas
- Soy sauce
- Spring onion
- Fresh coriander
In terms of vegetables...I've used peppers, peas, and carrot in this recipe. However, feel free to add whatever veggies you fancy, or whatever you have in your fridge. This soup would also do nicely with tofu, cabbage, courgette, aubergine, green beans, and so much more! Just experiment!
Want More Easy Recipes?
Check out the links below:
Vegetable Thukpa (Tibetan Noodle Soup)
- 2 nests of egg noodles I used fresh noodles but you can use dry noodles. If you use dry noodles, cook them to package instructions before starting this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 knob of ginger, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala curry powder or general medium curry powder if you don't have garam masala
Veggies & Seasoning
- 500 ml vegetable stock I used 1 tablespoon Yondu Umami Seasoning with 500ml water
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ½ red pepper, julienned
- ½ yellow pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoon frozen peas
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Wedge of lemon, squirted over the top
- Before beginning your broth, make sure your egg noodles are cooked to package instructions. Set them aside until your broth is ready.
- Place a wok or frying pan on high heat. Add in your tablespoon of vegetable oil, follower by your garlic, ginger, green chilli, tomato, and red onion. Give it a good fry for 2 minutes, stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Then, add in all of your spices. Give it another stir.
- Pour in your vegetable stock, followed by your vegetables of choice and the soy sauce, salt, black pepper, and spring onion. Taste your broth and add in more spice/seasonings based on your preference.
- Prepare your serving bowls by adding in your noodles, followed by the Thukpa broth and veggies. Top with coriander and a squeeze of lemon, enjoy!