You've probably heard of the Indo-Chinese dish Chilli Paneer, well this is my Chilli Halloumi and it puts a Mediterranean twist on it. My friends and family love it, so I hope you enjoy it too!
What Ingredients You'll Need For This Chilli Halloumi:
This dish takes less than 20 minutes to make and tastes absolutely delicious. The sauce is super simple and only requires 4 ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- Spring onions
- Red onion
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- Chilli flakes (I used gochugaru flakes)
- Sesame seeds for garnish!
More Easy Recipes Below...
- 200g halloumi, sliced into cubes
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon water
For The Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 spring onion heads, chopped into large wedges
- ½ red onion, chopped into thirds, leaving big chunks of onion
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- ½ tablespoon gochugaru flakes (or ½ teaspoon normal chilli flakes)
- ½ teaspoon sugar optional
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onion, sliced
- Slice your halloumi into ½ inch cubes.
- Grab a bowl and combine your cornflour, pepper, and water. Give it a good mix, and then toss your halloumi in the cornflour mix until well coated.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on medium heat, drizzle with 1 tablespoon veggie oil, gently pick out the halloumi cubes from the bowl and place them into the pan. Fry until golden. Avoid moving them around too much. Try and leave them to fry on each side for around 2 minutes. Remove your halloumi and set aside.
- Drizzle in a tad more oil into your pan and then add in your garlic, spring onion heads, and red onion. Give it a stir for a couple of minutes, then add in your soy sauce, sriracha sauce, ketchup, and chilli flakes. Fry for a further minute.
- Add in your halloumi, give everything a good mix so the halloumi is well coated in sauce, and then serve up with your chosen garnishes and enjoy!