This will be your go-to noodle salad this summer! This Vietnamese-Inspired Summer Salad is so fresh, super easy to make, and tastes incredible!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The best summer salad - honestly, once you try this Vietnamese-Inspired Summer Salad, you'll be making it all summer long. It's super fresh and genuinely so addictive.
- Easy! - All this recipe requires is a little bit of chicken marinating, frying, and chopping up veggies! It's super quick to put together and is easily made in advance. I absolutely love it!
Ingredients For This Vietnamese-Inspired Summer Salad
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that it only requires a handful of fresh ingredients, some gorgeously marinated chicken, and noodles!
Here's what you'll nee for this recipe:
- Vermicelli noodles
Those were the main staple ingredients, but here's how you make the incredible dressing for this salad:
- Fish sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- Lime juice
- Boiling water
How To Make My Vietnamese-Inspired Summer Salad
Step 1 - Marinate Your Chicken
- Begin by slicing your chicken into really thin strips.
- Add the chicken to a bowl followed by lime juice, garlic, chilli, sugar, fish sauce, and rice wine vinegar.
- Give it a good mix and then set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Grab a pan and drizzle with oil. Place on medium heat and fry your chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
Step 2 - Prepare your veggies and noodles
- Slice up your cucumber, carrots, and chilli.
- Roughly chop your mint and coriander.
- Prepare your noodles (read the back of the packet - and then once you've strained them, leave them for 5 minutes with a tea towel placed over the top of them so they can steam).
- Once your noodles are ready, place them onto your plate and add on your cucumber, carrot, chilli, mint, coriander, and chicken.
Step 3 - Make Your Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine your fish sauce, sugar, rice wine vinegar, chilli, lime juice, and boiling water.
- Give it all a good stir! Taste and refine to your liking!
- Drizzle your sauce all over the salad, give it a good mix, and enjoy!
The Full Video For This Vietnamese-Inspired Summer Salad
More Easy Recipes
These Miso-Marinated Eggs are so addictive! They’re easy to make and are hands down my new favourite way of preparing eggs!
This super Easy Noodle Soup is ready in just 10 minutes. It’s full of flavour, so colourful, and the perfect meal for when you’re short on time!
Vietnamese-Inspired Summer Salad
- 1 or 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- ½ juice of a lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chilli, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 vermicelli noodle nests
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- bunch mint, roughly chopped
- bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli, sliced
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- Begin by slicing your chicken into thin strips and adding it to a bowl with your marinade ingredients. Give it a good mix and then set aside for 5 minutes while you chop up your veggies and prepare your noodles.
- Chop up all of your veggies and herbs, and set aside.
- Cook your noodles to packet instructions, then set them aside with a tea towel covering them so that they steam and stay warm while you fry your chicken.
- Grab a frying pan and place it on medium heat. Drizzle in some oil and add in your chicken. Fry your chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, add in all of your dressing ingredients and give it a good stir. Taste the sauce and adapt to your liking (you might want to add in more chilli if you like things hot, or add in more sugar for sweetness, for fish sauce for a kick, and rice wine vinegar for a tang).
- Get your serving plate of choice and add in your noodles, veggies, herbs, chilli, and chicken.
- Drizzle over your dressing, give everything a good mix and enjoy!