These Hot Honey Fruit Pastries are the ultimate sweet and spicy snack. They only require a handful of ingredients and are an absolute crowd-pleaser!
About This Hot Honey Fruit Pastry Recipe
I adore pastry parcels. I've made an array of savoury dishes from Gochujang Feta Pastries to Butter Chicken Crispy Rolls. But, when I saw Catherine make her Peach & Mango Pies, I had to give the sweet pastry parcels a go! The sweetness from the mango, raspberry, and honey, and the spice from the chilli flakes come together so well and create the most gorgeous snack. You guys are going to love them!
Ingredients For This Recipe
As I mentioned above, these Hot Honey Fruit Pastries only require a handful of ingredients! So, for the filling you'll need two different types of fruit. I used mango and raspberry, but feel free to use pineapple, plums, apples, strawberries, nectarines, blueberries, anything you fancy or that is accessible to you!
In addition to your fruit, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Chilli flakes
- Puff pastry
Fancy Some More Snack Recipes?
Hot Honey Fruit Pastries
- 100g raspberries
- 100g mango, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon gochugaru flakes (½ tablespoon normal chilli flakes)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry, sliced into 12 equal squares or rectangles
- 1 egg, whisked (for egg wash)
- 1 teaspoon gochugaru flakes for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar for garnish
- Place your pan on medium heat and add in your fruit, honey, chilli flakes, and cornstarch. Give it a good mix and cook until the fruit has thickened and come together into a paste. Taste the mixture and add in more honey or chilli flakes based on your preference! Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 200C (180C fan)
- Get your puff pastry roll and slice into 12 equal sized rectangles.
- Place a spoonful of your fruit filling into the centre of one of the pieces of puff pastry. Top with another piece of puff pastry and seal with a fork along the outside of the rectangle. Spike the top of the pastry once with the fork to leave a few airways. Repeat this step for your 5 other parcels.
- Grab an oven tray and top with baking paper. Place your pastries onto the tray and brush with your egg wash. Sprinkle with more chilli flakes and sugar. Then place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy! Enjoy!