If you fancy making something warming, spicy, and delicious, then these Veggie Chilli Oil Wontons are for you!
More Yummy Recipes From My Dumplings With A Twist Series
If You Liked These Veggie Chilli Oil Wontons, You Might Enjoy My Dumpling World Tour Series
I set myself a challenge to go around the world in 80 dumplings. Why? Because so many countries share a love for dumplings and every country’s dumplings have their own unique twist. From Varenyky in Ukraine to Banh Bot Loc in Vietnam, dumplings are a way for us to celebrate various cultures and culinary differences from all parts of the globe.
Not all my dumpling recipes are up on my website, yet! So, if you’d like to check them out, head on over to my Instagram for the video tutorial and full recipe!
More Delicious Recipes from my Dumpling World Tour
Veggie Chilli Oil Wontons
- 150 g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 80 ml water
- ½ nappa cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tin water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- ½ tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil (laoganma)
- 3 tablespoon hot oil
- 50 ml veggie stock (optional)
- To make the dough, combine all of the dough ingredients in a bowl. Stir in a clockwise direction with chopsticks until a shaggy ball of dough has formed. Add more water if the dough is too dry.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes. Keep kneading until a bouncy smooth dough has formed. Set the dough aside covered in clingfilm.
- Next up, make the filling. Add all of the filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until a paste has formed.
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough (about 3mm thick) and cut it into 2inchx2inch squares.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling into the center of the wrapper, fold diagonally into a triangle, and then pinch two ends and bring them together. Feel free to watch my tutorial video on Instagram if you're struggling. Repeat this step until the wrappers and filling are used up.
- Prepare a boiling pot of water and then gently drop in your wontons. Cook for 7 minutes and then remove.
- Meanwhile, combine all of your chill oil ingredients in your serving bowl but leave out the hot oil and veggie stock. Make sure your oil is very hot, then pour it over your other ingredients. Give it a good mix, and then add in your veggie stock.
- Place your wontons into your chilli oil bowl and sprinkle over some spring onions! Enjoy!