This quick and simple Chinese steamed aubergine recipe was one of my favourite dishes I had when my boyfriend and I traveled through China.
My boyfriend and I went travelling around China for 5 weeks and absolutely loved this dish. It's full of umami and simply delicious. It only takes 15 minutes to make and is perfect served with a portion of sticky rice. You could chop it up smaller and have it with noodles or just by itself!
Fancy watching the full video tutorial for this Chinese Steamed Aubergine recipe?
Feel free to check out my Instagram to see the full video recipe!
Check out some more recipes:
Chinese Steamed Aubergine
- 1 aubergine, chopped into wedges
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon hot oil
- Prepare your aubergine and transfer the wedges into your steamer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the aubergines are soft.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the rest of your ingredients in a bowl, adding in your hot oil last. Mix the sauce well and set aside.
- Once your aubergines are soft, transfer them into your bowl of sauce and stir to ensure every side of aubergine is coated.
- Serve up with a bowl of rice and enjoy!