For a super simple weeknight dinner, this Easy Spam Ramen With Egg recipe is the perfect meal. Low-effort and delicious, this spam, eggs, and ramen noodle combination come together so quickly. Spam fried in garlic, sesame oil, oyster sauce, and chilli flakes really takes spam to the next level!
During university, luncheon meat (also known as spam), was a staple in my accommodation. Spam is cheap, does not need to be refrigerated, and has a long shelf life, making it popular for students and an inexpensive meal for those on a budget! Spam is so versatile and can be fried, baked, simmered, air fryed, the list is endless!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's SUPER EASY. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this easy spam ramen! The ramen and egg can be cooked in the same pan, and then simply assemble everything together in the frying pan at the end.
- Eat it at any time of the day! I love to eat Spam for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Feel free to make it whenever you fancy!
Ingredients For Spam Ramen and Eggs
- Vegetable oil: You will need neutral vegetable oil to fry the garlic. Neutral oil has a high smoke point so it will prevent the garlic from burning I used vegetable oil but you can also use any other neutral oil like peanut oil, vegetable oil, canola oil, safflower oil, or corn oil.
- Instant Ramen: You can buy any instant ramen packet you like! I love buying Shin Ramyun Ramen noodles. Take the seasoning packets out the package and keep them in your cupboard for a later date!
- Garlic: the small fried garlic bits add that special flavor that makes your tastebuds come to life.
- Eggs: You can make your eggs any way you prefer! I love a soft-boiled egg, but feel free to fry them, or poach them!
- Spam: I used the entire 340g/12 oz can of Spam for this dish but you can make less or more depending on how much you can eat. If you want to take a healthier route you can use the lower sodium option.
- Oyster sauce: I love adding oyster sauce to stir fries, it adds a depth and sweetness to the dish!
- Sugar: Use white granulated sugar to create that beautiful caramelized glaze texture over the Spam.
- Sesame oil: This is a lovely addition to simply balance out the saltiness and sweetness.
- Chilli Flakes: I used Gochugaru (korean red pepper flakes) flakes. They're not too spicy and have a lovely smoky tone to them. If you're using regular chilli flakes, use half the amount!
- Milk: This is the ultimate hack to the creamiest ramen or stir fry recipes. I use milk all the time in my noodle dishes!
- Sesame Seeds: the sesame seeds are an optional topping.
- Green Onion: I love adding green onion slices to my ramen and eggs but this is entirely optional.
How To Make Easy Spam Ramen With Egg
Step 1: Chop Up Your Spam
- Slice your spam into cubes
Step 2: Fry Your Spam
- Place a frying pan on medium heat and add in a drizzle of vegetable oil.
- Add in your cubed spam and fry for 5 minutes, flipping once in a while, until golden brown.
Step 3: Add in your seasonings
- Into the pan, add in your garlic, sesame oil, oyster sauce, gochugaru flakes, and sugar.
- Give it a good stir until everything is well combined
Step 4: Cook your noodles and egg
- Cook your noodles according to package instructions, and boil your egg for 6 minutes to get a runny yolk. I used the same pan for my noodles and egg.
- Remove your egg and run it under cold water. This will make it easier to peel!
- Remove your noodles and place them into your spam pan.
Step 5: Combine and serve!
- Once you've added your ramen noodles into your pan, add in your milk, stir so that everything is well combined.
- Serve up and top with your egg, sesame seeds, and spring onion!
Check Out This Spam Recipe:
These Spam Dumplings are truly delicious and are my go-to comfort dumplings!
Easy Spam Ramen With Egg
- 2 eggs
- 340g Spam, chopped into medium-sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru flakes (½ tablespoon normal chilli flakes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 shin ramyun noodle packets - seasonings removed
- 100 ml milk
- sesame seeds for garnish
- finely chopped spring onions, for garnish
- Place your frying pan on medium/high heat and drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Add in your cubed spam and fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Pour in your garlic, sesame oil, oyster sauce, gochugaru flakes, and sugar. Give it a good mix. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, cook your noodles to the packet instructions and boil your eggs in the same pan for 6 minutes.
- Remove your eggs and run them under cold water.
- Remove your noodles and place them into your spam frying pan. Give everything a good mix and add in your milk. Stir for a further minute until everything is well combined. Then serve up with your egg, garnishes, and enjoy!