If you need something simple and tasty for a week-night meal, then this Pea Pesto Ramen is for you!
There's something fun about switching up a pesto recipe. As you may know, authentic pesto recipes include basil, garlic, olive oil, pine nuts, and parmesan. However, for this recipe, I thought it would be fun to use up some of those peas lying around in my freezer as the basil substitute. The taste of the pesto ends up being very different, but the flavours are delicious nonetheless.
This recipe takes less than 15 minutes and is so comforting! It'll become a week-night go-to!
Pea Pesto Ramen
- 1 packet Samyang Buldak Spicy Chicken Ramen
- 1 soft boiled egg (cook room temperature egg for 6 minutes in boiling water)
- 3 tablespoon cooked peas
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a pestle and mortar, combine all of the pesto ingredients until a green paste has formed. You can also use a blender if you'd like a really smooth paste.
- Cook your noodles to the packet instructions.
- Drain your noodles once they're cooked and pour in your pesto. Combine thoroughly and then serve into your favourite bowl, top with your soft-boiled egg, and enjoy!