This easy tahini chilli oil spaghetti is so delicious and comes together in no time. I'm absolutely obsessed with it at the moment, I hope you like it!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Takes less than 15 minutes to make! There's nothing better than a quick and easy meal for a busy weekday dinner, and this tahini chilli oil pasta is exactly what you need for those days!
- It only requires a handful of ingredients. Yes, that's right, you only need tahini, chilli oil, honey, and soy sauce to make this amazing pasta sauce and boy does it taste good.
- Chilli oil - there are so many chilli oils out there. Firstly, you can make your own homemade chilli oil. Or, you can buy one. I have several that I love: Lao Gan Ma chilli crisp, Chiu Chow Chilli Oil, or Very Lazy Zingy Chilli Boost.
- Honey - you could also use sugar if you like, but honey adds a lovely roundness to the sauce.
- Tahini - the better quality tahini you buy, the better tasting this dish will be. Tahini shouldn't be bitter, you should be able to eat a spoonful of it without finding it unpleasant. I'd recommend going to your local international supermarket and asking the owner which tahini they'd recommend. Otherwise, here are a couple I love using; Belazu Authentic Tahini and Al'fez Tahini.
- Light Soy Sauce - this adds a wonderful saltiness to the dish and balances out the sweetness from the honey and the astringency from the tahini.
- Garlic - I've added in a couple of cloves, but for those obsessed with garlic, feel free to add more!
- Spaghetti - I love this dish with spaghetti, but if you have another type of paste you'd rather use, go for it! This pasta dish would also work really well with linguine or bucatini.
- Parmesan - just a little sprinkling at the end.
- Coriander - this is totally optional but I love adding a bit of greenery to my plate! If you don't like coriander, you could add some parsley or finely sliced spring onion.
- Egg yolk - once again, completely optional. If you fancy adding it, expect a creamier and richer sauce!
How To Make This Tahini Chilli Oil Spaghetti
Step 1 - Cook Your Spaghetti
- Place your spaghetti into salted boiling water and cook to package instructions or until al dente.
Step 2 - Make Your Tahini Chilli Oil Sauce & Fry With Garlic
- In a bowl, combine your chilli oil, honey, tahini, and light soy sauce. Stir until a paste has formed.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat and drizzle in a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add your garlic into your pan and fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour in your sauce and fry for 5 minutes.
Step 3 - Add In Your Spaghetti
- Once your spaghetti is cooked, drain and set aside (keep some pasta water).
- Add your spaghetti into your frying pan followed by a mug of pasta water.
- Give everything a good stir until your dish becomes silky.
Step 4 - Serve Up!
- Serve up your spaghetti and top with egg yolk, grated parmesan cheese, and chopped coriander. Enjoy!
Tahini Paste is a gorgeously smooth paste made from sesame seeds and is used in a variety of cuisines, especially those in the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
If you don't have tahini paste but would like that sesame flavour, you can use sesame oil as a substitute. Simply add in 1 tablespoon of the oil for that hint of sesame. To ensure the creaminess of the dish, add 1 tablespoon peanut butter too.
No, as it has honey in it. However, you can easily make it vegan by replacing the honey with some agave syrup or ½ a tablespoon of sugar.
Other quick and easy dinners you might enjoy:
- Sticky Ginger Aubergine - super delicious and one of my viral recipes!
- Vegan Tofu Katsu Noodles - creamy, spicy, and super tasty.
- Easy Noodle Soup - ready in 10 minutes!
- The BEST Orange Chicken Recipe - perfect with a bowl of sticky rice.
Tahini Chilli Oil Spaghetti
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Frying pan
- 200 g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon chilli oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Grated parmesan, for garnish
- Chopped coriander, for garnish
- 2 egg yolks, for garnish optional
- Place your spaghetti into a large saucepan of boiling salty water (1 tablespoon of salt to the water should do it!). Cook according to package instructions, or until the spaghetti is al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add in your chilli oil, honey, tahini paste, and light soy sauce. Give it all a good mix and set it aside.
- Place your frying pan on medium heat and drizzle in your tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add in your garlic and fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour in your tahini chilli oil sauce and fry for a further 5 minutes on low heat.
- Before draining your pasta, save some pasta water in a mug. Strain your pasta and add it into your frying pan with the saved pasta water.
- Give everything a good mix until silky smooth. Then serve up with your optional egg yolk, garnishes, and enjoy!